Have you been thinking “what’s all the fuss about green tea?” Now you can stop thinking and start drinking green tea, that is. This delicious drink has many health benefits for anyone who drinks it daily. Green tea contains a nutritional powerhouse known as epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG for short. But do not worry, you do not have to keep track of chemical name for health benefits. Here are nine reasons to start drinking green tea or continue to drink if you’re already hooked.
1. Green tea is an excellent fat fighter. Its active ingredient, EGCG increases the rate at which fat is burned in the body.
2. It targets belly fat. Research at Tufts University indicates that the EGCG in green tea, like other catechins, activate fat burning genes in the abdomen to accelerate weight loss to 77 percent.
3. Maintains energy, balancing your blood sugar. EGCG improves insulin in the body preventing spikes in blood sugar and accidents that can cause fatigue, irritability and a desire for unhealthy foods.
4. Research shows that this can be useful against lung cancer. In a study published in April 2010 in the search for cancer prevention, EGCG was found to suppress the growth of cancer cells.
5. It may stop colon cancer. In many other studies, EGCG appears to inhibit colon cancer.
6. In research, it seems that cause prostate cancer cells to commit suicide. A March 2010 study of the science of cancer reported that EGCG helps the body causing the prostate cancer cells to commit suicide.
7. You can prevent skin damage and wrinkles. EGCG appears to be 200 times more effective than vitamin E in the destruction of the skin damaging free radicals. Free radicals react with the body’s healthy cells, causing damage to both reduce the number can reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging.
8. It contains a powerful antioxidant that kills free radicals. Because it is a powerful antioxidant, may have a positive impact far beyond the skin cells. Free radicals are increasingly linked to many serious chronic diseases like arthritis, diabetes and cancer.
9. Its has a good taste. If you’re not crazy about flavor, try a few different types. Try the hot or cold. Add some ‘of the natural herb stevia to sweeten, if you want to drink sweet. I was not crazy about green tea in the first few times I tried, but now I like to squeeze fresh lemon and a few drops of stevia ice and voila! Green tea lemonade. Mmmmm.
Reap the Rewards
Add one or two teaspoons of green tea leaves to a cup of boiling water, preferably in a tea strainer. Let steep for five minutes. Pour over ice if you prefer a cold drink. Most experts recommend three cups a day. And do not worry, it contains much less caffeine than coffee or black tea.
About the author:
Nick has been an expert in skin health. His work has been published on various websites and magazines and provides insightful advice for best acne treatment.