Ecotricity, the world’s first Green Electricity company, has launched its “Dump the Big Six” rallying call to ditch your badly behaved supplier and make Britain greener.
The Big Six (British Gas, EDF Energy, E.ON, Npower, Scottish & Southern, Scottish Power) have long enjoyed a carbon-fuelled chokehold the UK’s energy, supplying 99% of customers. But their grip may be crumbling.
Ecotricity founder Dale Vince OBE, the man credited with kick-starting the world’s green electricity market, believes now is the moment to topple the grey giants and bring the UK into the renewable energy future.
Large numbers of households are deserting the Big Six: British Gas alone lost 200,000 customers in the last quarter. The Big Six are disgracing headlines left and right. Even the energy secretary accused them of malpractice.
· A third of Brits have seen no benefit from the recent ‘price war’ on energy
· The Big Six were hammered with over four million complaints in 2011
· Which.com found that 80% of households aren’t on the best value tariff
· Big Six investment in new sources of renewable energy runs as low as £5 a year per customer
In this era of big business, Ecotricity shows when it comes to ethics & customer service, David can beat Goliath.
· Ecotricity is the UK’s foremost renewable energy company
· Ecotricity invest more of your bill in new sources of renewables than any other power supplier
· 88% of Ecotricity’s customers rate their service as ‘excellent or good’
· Your TV stays on when the sun isn’t shining and the wind isn’t blowing
Over 60% of UK households could switch to Ecotricity and get greener energy for not one penny more than they are currently paying.
Visit the Facebook page created on purpose for the campaign