Over the recent years there has been a significant rise in global warming, which is taking a toll on the health of several individuals. When temperature in the earth’s atmosphere and oceans rapidly rises, it is termed as global warming. Rise in global warming has several negative consequences like floods, droughts and fires. Global warming also causes rise in sea levels, pollution and melting of glaciers. In order to save the environment, it is vital to minimize global warming. The best way to minimize global warming is to utilize eco friendly materials at home and work. Here are a few tips for using eco friendly materials at home.
Make Refrigerators, Air Conditioners Eco-friendly
Certain items that we use regularly at home like refrigerators and air conditioners are also the major causes of global warming. You will be surprised to know that these electrical appliances release harmful Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC), which has a negative impact like ozone layer depletion.
- The best way to make your refrigerator eco friendly is by maintaining a temperature between 37 and 40 degrees.
- Clean the refrigerator regularly.
- For an eco-friendly air conditioner, you need to clean the equipment regularly and if possible replace AC with an evaporative cooler.
Recycle Old Products
One of the best ways to save the environment is by recycling old products. Every home has products that contain hazardous chemicals. The cleaning detergent we use, sprays, insect repellants, deodorants and batteries contain harmful chemicals. These products must be disposed properly, as they can pose a major threat to the environment as well as human health. You can recycle old electronics, curtains, kid’s toys, clothes, old books and furniture.
Eco Friendly Kitchen Ideas
- You can make your kitchen more environmentally friendly by replacing soaps made of toxic chemicals with antibacterial soaps.
- Replace plastic items such as water bottles, storage containers with those made of glass, stainless steel and ceramic.
- Take steps to minimize waste by opting for a compost system. The process in which you decompose food crumbs, weeds and other organic substances in such a manner that the materials go back to earth, it is known as composting.
- Composting minimizes our dependence on fertilizers and pesticides. It protects soil from erosion and offers essential nutrients to soil.
Use Eco-friendly materials for Packaging during Move
- Instead of discarding away unwanted, unused items, recycle or donate them. This will reduce environmental pollution.
- Eco friendly packaging materials are beneficial as they help reduce waste and minimize environment pollution.
- Self storage London is a firm in London, offering earth friendly packing materials to make your relocation environment friendly.
- Substitute recycled polythene materials with biodegradable version of bubble wrap.
Natalie Diaz is 28 years old writer lives in London. She has years of experience in Storage industry. She is very expressive and always wants to share her professional experience with her audience. She regularly writes Guest post about Self storage London. She has expertise in all types of self storage in London and costs with in London and UK.