Do you suffer from chronic pain, heart disease or other chronic health conditions? If so, turn to your diet for answers to how potentially to improve your health. By eating organically, for example, you can drastically improve your overall health, which could trigger improvements to your chronic condition, too. Though this may not be a cure, it can be an effective way to see significant improvement.
Going Green Organically
Organic foods are those grown without the use of pesticides and other chemicals. What most people do not know is that the foods on many grocery store shelves contain various types of additives to make them look good, last longer, and even taste differently. While that may seem like a good thing, these preservatives, and other additives actually allow chemicals to be ingested. As a direct result, many people develop allergies, asthma and even poor health overall because they are taking in these chemicals.
By eating organically, you can see a number of key benefits. That includes the following:
- Did you know that using organic milk instead of traditional, shelf products will ensure more antioxidants and vitamins enter your body? It has a higher amount of CLA and omega 3 in it, according to a study done at the Newcastle University in the UK. These are key tools to fighting heart disease and boosting overall cell health. You may even look younger.
- Organically grown tomatoes also have some key benefits, according to a study done by the University of Barcelona. With a 79 percent higher level of the antioxidant quercetin and a 97 percent higher presence of the antioxidant kaempferol, your body will have more of the nutrients it needs to fight off chronic ailments including chronic pain.
- Your food will taste better. Perhaps this does not have a direct link to health, but consider this. If your vegetables tasted better, would you eat more of them? If the answer to that question is yet, then you can guarantee that you will get improved health as a direct result of getting more nutrients into your system.
- The lack of fertilizers and other chemical-based additives aids in improving overall health. Brain health, including emotional stability and brain development in children, is improved by this. It can also reduce the risk of allergies in some individuals.
There are plenty of easy-to-see benefits of eating organic foods for your health. Yet, many people have no idea how easy it is to find them. In fact, you may not have to do much of anything different.
Where to Find Them
If you have a local produce shop or a farmers market, find out if the growers are certified USDA Organic. If they are, according to the Mayo Clinic, this means they have taken the steps necessary to meet government standards for being organic. Those with this seal are 100 percent organic- the level you need. If a product is labeled just “organic” this means at least 95 percent of it is. Products that say, “Made with organic ingredients” have 70 percent organic ingredients within them. Your goal should be to find 100 percent organic whenever possible.
Even local grocery chains now carry these products. Look for special sections labeled organic. You may notice that this section is getting larger than it used to be. That is due to the demand for higher quality many customers have.
How can you see your chronic pain reduce or your heart disease not worsen? Improve your diet.
- Eat 100 percent organic fruits and vegetables sold in whole form that you prepare at home.
- Fresh is always best even when it comes to meats. Ensure you are purchasing grass-fed or organic meats.
- Even your grains can be organically grown.
- If you do buy packaged foods, limit these considerably from your diet. Always look for those that use organic ingredients, too.
- Make most of your diet fresh ingredients of a vibrant rainbow of colors. One of the best ways to get nutrients that can improve your health is by doing this.
Antioxidants are the earth’s natural resource for removing toxins from your bloodstream, cells, and other areas. The only way to get them is through consuming a wide variety of vegetables and fruits. The good news is organically grown products have a higher concentration of them.
Of course, it is also important to point out that organic foods also play an effective role in protecting the earth. Because those chemicals are not used, the earth and atmosphere are not affected. Do not wait to make a change. Switch to organic in everything you buy as much as possible. You will notice the difference.