Nowadays because of the fast growing number of the population, it’s been hard to find a good place to dwell. A place that you can consider your own, your haven, your sanctuary. In addition it is also difficult to have your own property because of the tight budget. Because of this, condominium has been introduced to the public. Not that huge compared to a great property, but at least can be called a home. Thus, it also needs proper maintenance and improvement in order to last. People think that it is hard to improve a home or a condo. But there are some light and easy ways you can do to make your home wonderfully cozy and eco- friendly.
It is very important that we should find comfort inside our home, but we must also make sure that all the materials and things that we’re going to use in improving our home is friendly and will not cause harmful effects to the environment. In this century, so many eco-friendly ways and products are produced with the help of advanced technology. In addition there are some natural ways also that everyone can do when improving their condo units or home. Listed below are the top six easy steps to transform your place into an eco-friendly one.
- Recycling – If you think that your old things and furniture’s are useless already, then definitely you are wrong. Gather those materials and recycle them. In this way you will be able to decrease the clutter in your home and in addition you are lessening the environmental pollution that your clutter might cause. Unused or damaged digital cameras or mobiles should not be thrown out, this material contains high level of toxic waste that can damage our environment. You will be able to find stores which offer the best solution for these types of products.
- Solar panels- very economical and eco-friendly. From the word itself “ solar” meaning the natural energy from the sun. Surely you will be able to conserve a lot of energy consumption when you install this material.
- Lighting – lighting is very essential for a place and in our daily lives. Most consumers doesn’t realize that a large amount of power consumption is brought by their lighting bulbs. By simply replacing your old standard bulbs into a fluorescent type, surely you will be able to conserve energy.
- Leaks – check out for air leaks, air leaks is commonly found on windows and doors. Once you have detected air leakage, sealed it immediately.
- HVAC system – regular maintenance and inspection of your HVAC system will surely prevent a high consumption of energy. And also make sure to look for the Seer rating, in this way you will be able to identify that your system is energy efficient.
- Go Green – last but not the least the go green project. Put some potted plants inside your home, very cheap and ideal way to make your home eco-friendly. Helps decreased pollution, improves oxygen exchange plus an amazing and lovely view inside your home.