So you want to be a blogger. You’ve got a thirst for living green and want to share that with the world. But how do you start? You’ve already selected which blogging platform works best for you, you’ve created a name for your blog, and you’re all set, except… How do you start? Well, here are a few guidelines to get you on track to fruitful green blogging.
- Write what you know– You know more than you imagine you do. Never think that because you don’t know everything that means you can’t start writing. What you know and have experience in might help someone else, and vice versa. Don’t agonize over what evidences and statistics you have on your blog. That’s not what blogging is about. Just share what you’ve experienced and are acquainted with and you’ll be fine. Some examples of this would be your two week eco tour around Canada, moving into new home and renovating it the eco way from scratch, starting your organic eating regime and recycling program.
- Write what you like– You have a passion for green living. You want the world to know how simple it is, how positive it is for them individually and for creation as a whole. You’ve already got a subject to write about, so write! If you write about what you have a heart for then you can’t go wrong. Your love will show through and inspire others in ways you can’t even begin to envision.
- Stay free– Don’t think that your blog has to look or feel like the ones you’ve seen before. This is your personal space; feel free to mess around in it. Let your blog flow and be sure to include your feelings of elation or despondency about each thing. Get the essence of your ideas down and then fill in the details later to develop each post. Don’t stress; you can edit and cut away later if needed. The more the blog comes from your heart, the more people will want to read it.
- Make it graphic– As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. So, document your journey to a greener life. Buy a decent digital camera or camcorder. Take lots photos along the way and organize them all in folders for use in the blog. Showing visual corroboration of your journey helps readers to connect and also gives you something to write about on slow days.
- Have fun– Don’t forget to love writing your blog. Writing, being creative, and sharing your efforts with others should be enjoyable. If you’re stressing out, then you are missing the point. Think of your blog as a treat, not an imposition. If you consider your blog a chore, readers will know. So unwind and enjoy yourself.
Just following these few simple guidelines will get you started on the road to green blogging. Remember to take it a little at a time and keep your objectives on target. Above all, remember to keep it green!
Melanie Slaugh is enthusiastic about the growing prospects and opportunities of various industries and writing articles on various consumer goods and services as a freelance writer. She writes extensively for internet service providers and also topics related to internet providers in my area for presenting the consumers, the information they need to choose the right Internet package for them. She can be reached at slaugh.slaugh907 @ gmail.com.
You must log in to post a comment.