People got used to green technologies’ advancements, which occur probably in every field of modern livelihood. Some of them seem really significant like solar power stations or wind turbines; others appear to be household applications, which testify on human tendency to follow sustainable environment trends. Some of the facts speak of how tremendous and epoch-making period people live in right now. Amazing records of green technologies and renewable energy can astonish both common consumers and intelligent scientists.
- France is a top country in renewable energy usage, as well as world leader in nuclear energy production. In fact, this country is a major exporter of energy on the European market. Renewable energy balance in France indicates nearly 70% provided by biofuels, 25% by hydroenergy facilities, and the rest is comprised of solar, wind and tidal power generation. By the way, France was the first to establish tidal power station in the world. It was in Rance, on November 26th 1966.
- Netherlands runs the biggest power station working on chicken manure, as surprising as it may sound! In fact, its capacity of 270 million kilowatt hour per year helps to support about 90 thousand households in the area. Specifically, it is situated in Moerdijk in Zeeland. In this case, two industrial problems are solved simultaneously: chasing sustainable future with biomass power generation, and reduction of vast excess of animal manure in Holland.
- Iceland is a true example of total renewable energy usage. Nearly 100% of households depend on geothermal and hydroenergy generation. Of course, because of geographical conditions this country has no other way to produce energy, but still in some decades it is expected to refuse from import of fossil fuels at all.
- Did you know that the process of making solar panels can be also referred to as an energy generation industry? At least, it can become so. The key thing is that while cleaning 1 ton of sand and turning it into silica, the amount of produced energy outranges the amount received from 500 thousand tons of coal. Another scientific estimations point out the power capacity of biofuels. Biomass or composted materials (as types of biofuel) might generate energy 93% more than the amount spared on their creation!
- The World Ocean can introduce more possibilities for renewable energy generation, than terrestrial areas. It is related to possible facilities of tidal power systems, usage of temperature differences and energy of oceanic currents. In this context, island countries can totally go on alternative energy appliances and stations! However, due to their economic obstructs this idea remains as promising perspective to date.
Maria Kruk, an author for Patentsbase.com