The GM Diet has met with unprecedented success and not without reasons. Losing about 5-7 kgs in a day is unimaginable to most of us. But if you opt for GM diet you can shed that many kilos if not more. If you are sticking to the diet, you must be particular about how you cook, as, if you want to nourish your body with the right nutrients; you need to cook your food right as over-cooking will simply kill all the nutrients. So, start cooking and note down these tips to cook your meals right, keeping the nutrition intact.
Some Cooking Tips to Preserve Nutrition of the Food
If you are on the GM diet, you have to follow the dietary guidelines to a tee. How can you do that? You have to make your food taste interesting. Sticking to a diet is difficult because the thought of eating bland foods for days together can dampen the spirits of even the most enthusiastic of us. Adding the right spices and flavors can kick your taste buds a notch.
- Use the right fats to cook- Avoid lard, butter, margarine, safflower oil to cook, cook by using healthy fats like grass fed butter and coconut oil, but remember to use the oil in moderation.
- Use spices instead of oil to make the dish tasty- Use of spices like cinnamon, cumin, pepper powder, the cayenne powder can spice up your meals and also help you to burn fat as you ingest calories.
- Fried food a strict no-no- Steer clear of fried foods, since you are watching your plate with a hawk’s eye, don’t spoil your diet by frying your foods. A teaspoon to add to your salads won’t do you any harm, of course, but a lot of it can only spell bad news for you.
- Cook your meat and fish the right way- if you are a non-vegetarian and prefer beef on the meat eating days, have it baked or grilled, avoid the thick curries, read too much of oil and spices. Remember too much of a good thick is not good!
- Add the right flavor- There are a lot of things that a dash of lime, a sprinkle of pepper can do to your bland And adding rock salt to your food adds the final touch. Go ahead use them generously, and enjoy the tang of the lime with the zest of the cilantro and you will be forgetting the fact that you are on a diet.
- Herbs to your rescue- herbs are low-calorie, they are full of antioxidants and anti-microbial, just the thing you need to make your boring meals delicious. Herbs like basil, coriander, chives, dill, parsley, sage all add value to your food, in the healthiest way possible.
- Make use of a pressure cooker- A pressure cooker is a savior when you are trying to cook healthy. Your vegetables get cooked without having to use too much of oil. Just ensure you let the pressure cooker whistle only once so that the vegetables don’t get overcooked.
- Have your food in the soup form- Yes, while on the GM diet you can include lots of veggies to make a nourishing meal, which is filling and yet it has little or no calories.
Here is a sample soup you can cook while following the GM Diet plan. In a medium size pot or red copper pan, you can pour some water and then add onions, tomatoes, green peppers along with some salt and pepper as needed. Actually, you can add as many veggies as you want. Once it is half cooked, add the celery and cabbage mix and leave it until all the ingredients are ready to devour. Serve it hot.
Here is how you can cook a healthy meal and a tasty one as well. As you start following the diet, you will stop craving unhealthy foods. You will notice a great difference in yourself, thanks to a diet and an exercising regime to match. The best part of this diet is during this day and age when people vie for instant gratification, the GM diet can give you results within seven days. If you have a wedding to attend or just need to lose weight, this diet plan can make you reach your weight loss goals.
It isn’t an easy diet to follow, but then which diet is and by the end of these seven days, you are going to fall in love with yourself and the world again! Plan ahead, stock your fridge with the right ingredients and make sure you banish all unhealthy stuff from your range, dig up recipes and you will be sorted. A little bit of perseverance and resoluteness can help you reach closer to your weight loss goals despite the oddities stacked against you!