The headline from a publication 80 years ago about solar energy was an intuition of what’s happening with solar energy. Thousands of people embraced the transition to green technology because of the dangers of fossil fuels to the environment, which is global warming’s main catalyst.
Solar energy is here to stay with NASA stating that there is, 6.5 billion years of life left in the Sun. In fact, solar technology evolvement means outright competition with traditional electricity sources. The world’s leading space agency also claims solar energy’s domination in a couple of decades.
Definition of Solar Energy
This is energy produced by the sun known as photovoltaic energy for electricity generation. It’s a renewable source of energy harvested using photovoltaic cells or mirrors.
Benefits of Solar
There are various reasons thousands of homeowners are shifting to solar energy, but making better the environment and saving energy cost reduction are the main. Many peoples’ consciousness of the fact solar is ideal for energy effectiveness also adding a property’s value.
Whether the reason for using solar is personal, economic or environmental, the lengthy list addresses everyone’s needs.
- Lessen or reduce electricity costs – whether you are a homeowner or proprietor, you incur hefty electric bills. But with solar panels 25+ years lifetime, you’ll get free energy and reduce electricity bills saving lots of money
- Lower carbon footprint – with current systems emitting crazy amounts of biochemicals on a daily basis, most people are transitioning to solar energy as its less harmful to the earth’s atmosphere
- Increases the value of your home should you decide to sell Homes with solar panels rate highly on the real estate market
- Solar panels are long-lasting and require little to no maintenance
- You can use solar energy anytime and anywhere and in any weather thanks to its battery system for storing energy
- Allows for energy independence
- Increases job creation due to the ever-increasing demand for solar energy
- Say bye to outages as solar energy is stored in a battery
- Additional income source – when generating more energy than you use, you can sell the extra watt to your energy company
- Leading by example as you show others you care about the environment
- Solar panels act as a roof protector and since they are durable, they can indeed take a battering during harsh weather
- Solar panels are here to stay and will not fade out like most gadgets do
- You have a variety of options to choose from depending on your requirements, roof type and regulations
- Increased energy production during peak hours where demand is higher by solar panels
- Increase energy security as less electricity is lost compared to the national grid where up to 5% is lost while transporting
How to Improve Solar Energy Production Efficiency
According to many people, solar panels installation is one of the processes and it’s forgotten. Well, it’s true to some point but in order to get the optimum use of tour solar panel, a solar tracker is needed.
Solar trackers are installed on panels and their purposes are change and follow the sun’s direction. They are used on ground-mounted solar panels and large solar trees.
The two most commonly used solar trackers are single-axis and dual-axis
- Single-axis trackers move in one direction north and south tracking the sun from rising to setting.
- Dual-axis moves in different directions on the axis north-south and east-west.
Although there are various methods of controlling solar trackers, the two most common implementations used are compressed air and electric linear actuators.
Linear actuators are an ideal for operating your tracker because they’re easy to set up, zero to no maintenance required and operate in tough conditions. They are quiet and accurate ensuring optimum movement notwithstanding harsh climate.
In order for the solar tracker with linear actuators to work effectively, installation of a thermal sensor is required. This ensures it’s on the same path as the sun throughout the day.
Progressive actuators offer inexpensive solutions for solar trackers throughout the day. Due to harsh weather, a linear actuator with a force of more than 2000lbs is required for optimum performance.
Solar tracker Usage, When to Use
Since most homeowners install solar panels on rooftops, a solar tracker isn’t required and isn’t included in a majority of solar systems. Solar trackers come in handy in areas with a high altitude all year long.
Typical usage of solar trackers is on large-scale solar farms producing more than 1 megawatt. The return on interest for commercial solar plants and future benefits make up for the capital and maintenance costs put incurred. In addition, solar panels used in large-scale energy production set up in on the ground making it ideal for trackers.
Although it will take time before solar energy effectiveness by the masses is felt, the ones that have reaped the benefits. In addition, the cost is a major hindrance but the returns are worth it. You as an individual and environment benefits from using this type of clean energy.
Solar trackers enhance a solar panels ability to produce electricity. Linear actuators use together with solar trackers enables optimum electricity generation. Though expensive, it’s a worthwhile investment with usage in even the remotest of places provided there is sunlight. Efficiency is important when it comes to solar energy and there’s no doubt actuators assist in this.