Nowadays, there are several types of latest mobile phones available along with unique features which are user-friendly and beneficial. Due to the increasing demand for mobile phones, mobile phone companies are increasing their production and are also updating some new features on their handsets.
With the rapid up gradation in technology, the electronic instruments are coming in the market in the fast pace, and so are the mobile phones. The latest technology has led every mobile manufacturing company to try their best to equip their latest handset with the latest technology. Thus providing people with a lot of choices while buying mobile. People often update their mobile with the latest one keeping the old mobile phone in the drawer or somewhere in the house or usually they throw them away.
Cell phones are a form of e-waste and cannot be casually thrown away. These often contain toxic materials that can pollute the environment. Cell phones and their accessories include a large number of hazardous substances known as Persistent, Bioaccumulative, and Toxic Chemicals (PBTs).
The old handsets are just thrown away by most of the people, which get accumulated as electronic waste, which affects the environment drastically. Now, you would earn by Mobile phone recycling, which has emerged as a better option for preventing mobile phone electronic waste. The mobile phone plays an essential contributing factor in the rapid increase of e-waste. If you want to know the value of e-waste recycling, then you must know about the hazards caused by mobile phone e-waste.
Few significant hazards caused by mobile phone electronic waste:
– Chemicals in mobile phones leach from landfills into the groundwater system, which would contaminate the groundwater completely.
– Batteries contain cadmium, which is known to be a carcinogen and is directly involved in the promotion of various types of cancer.
– Informal processing of mobile phone electronic waste in developing countries causes serious health and pollution problems.
– A mobile phone contains toxic constituents like lead which would cause severe health problems
– Rising environmental damages are caused by mobile phone parts.
Nowadays, you would able to recycle most of the latest handsets which would also earn you money. One of the great things about recycling mobile phones is that you get to help yourself and reduce waste at the same time. And the device is either sold on in bulk, often to retailers in other countries, or broken down and working parts are sold back to the manufacturer, who then use less raw materials to make your new handset. So when you recycle mobile phones, you help the world and earn money all in just one step.
Few benefits which you would get by mobile phone recycling are listed below:
– Prevents hazardous materials such as lead, cadmium from going into the landfills where they can contaminate groundwater.
– Recycling old handsets would also earn you money
– Prevents environmental damages
– It would also save a considerable amount of energy
Selling a mobile phone to a recycling website is a right idea for you to return some cash for your next purchase and also to help the environment by allowing parts to be reused in other devices.
There are a lot of organizations that will buy your old mobile devices. In this process, the old mobile phone is sent to the particular company, and they offer some cash back. Thus by recycling one can not only earn some money or save some money, but also protect the environment from pollution and reducing the e-waste.
About the Author: Carol James is a writer and senior editor at writing service, so you can order essay samples from EssayLab. She has MA degree in social sciences and writes articles, reviews on the different actual subjects. So, if you have any questions regarding the writing, feel free to ask her.