Waste management is one of the main challenges that many countries face today. Regardless of the many solutions that are in place, it is still hard to properly manage and recycle waste.
Waste management and recycling is a process. Solid waste needs to be treated and trash needs to be sorted out so that you can weed out the items that are not able to be recycled. Recycling should start in each and every household and not only in treatment or waste management plant.
Many countries today have come up with great and workable solutions on waste, recycling and processing recyclable materials. Recycling is one of the solutions for waste disposals and also helps to maximize available resources.
What is Recycling?
Recycling can be defined as a process in which some waste materials are converted into new and usable items or resources. These products and resources are then re-introduced into the market for use. Products from recycling are always safe for use.
Benefits of Recycling
- Reduce both air and water pollution
- Reduce the volume of landfills and in turn, cleans up the environment
- Reduce energy use as manufacturers do not have to come up with something new
- Preserve the natural resources
- Reduce gas emissions from greenhouses
- Save money
- Create jobs, as people will be employed in the recycling plants
- Beef up the value of a property
- Slow down the global warming
What can be recycled?
When it comes to recycling it is important to know what can and cannot be recycled.
Thing that can be recycled
- Paper wastes. For example, newspapers, magazines, mails, juice and milk cartons, cardboard boxes,
- Plastic bottles and containers
- Empty aerosols, steel, and aluminum cans
Things that cannot be recycled
- Garden and kitchen wastes
- Takeaway coffee cups
- Medical Wastes
- Bubble wraps
- Dead animals
- Light bulbs and more
Successful recycling requires good teamwork. Both the manufacturer and consumer have a part to play when it comes to having a good recycling solution. The manufactures role is to ensure that the recyclable packages are clearly marked as this will make it easy for one to know if it can be recycled.
The consumer, on the other hand, should make sure that they have a clearly marked recycling bin to make it possible even for the kids to recycle and dispose of trash in the right bins. The government also has a role of providing recycling bins in the streets and also educating both children and adults on the same.
Waste is everyone’s responsibility this is because in our day to day lives, we all create waste and also when waste accumulates it is prone to cause diseases. Therefore, solutions on waste, recycling and processing recyclable materials will benefit everybody both young and old. Even though proper solutions may take years to develop and even perfect but in the long run will be more profitable to any country and so it should be taken seriously.