According to a survey conducted by the Organic Trade Association, in comparison to earlier, now Americans looks only for organic food in grocery stores to fill their baskets. There are many grocery stores or supermarkets given below available that are full of organic products.
- Affiliated Foods Midwest
- Baker’s Supermarkets
- Gelson’s Markets
- The Fresh Market
- Mariano’s Fresh Market
- Pay Less Super Markets
- Save Mart Supermarkets
This is one of the best supermarket that is designed uniquely by keeping in mind customer’s requirements. Here, customers may find healthy and delicious organic foods which are good for health also. It avails refund policy to its customers if they are not satisfied with the quality of food. Visit here to fetch more details regarding the same.
What Is Organic Food?
Organic food is that food which is grown or produced by methods that comply with organic farming standards. The methods may vary from country to country but the main motive behind organic farming is to protect natural resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity.
According to many scientists and doctors, organic food is safer for our body. It consists nutrients in huge amount and often better taste in comparison to in-organic food. Moreover, organic farming is eco-friendly and good for the environment and kinder to animals.
If you are going to any grocery store to buy organic food then add these items in your list. These following items include less pesticide in comparison to conventional food.
- Green peas
- Green beans
- Green onions (scallions)
- Summer and winter squash
- Other grains
- Dairy foods and beef
Why Organic Foods Are Better For Our Health?
Organic foods are full of nutrition, proteins and many other benefits also. Here, we have described some benefits of having organic foods. Please have a look!!!
If 100% organic text is written on any product in grocery store then it means it is made by using 100 percent organic methods and organic ingredients. The food doesn’t contain any ingredients from the national list of prohibited substances, including genetically modified organisms (GMOs). You can see USDA organic seal or the 100 percent organic claim on packing of organic products. Just remember, even though something is 100% organic it does not necessarily mean its safe for you to eat. If you have certain food allergies you will always need to be careful. Using an at home food allergy test can help you figure out what foods may be unsafe for you to eat.
If you found any product contain “organic” label on any product then it means the product is made by using only organic methods and contains a minimum of 95 percent organic ingredients. Today, majority of products in grocery stores claims organic. The rest 5% of ingredients cannot contain GMOs and the ingredients must be included on the national list of permitted non-organic ingredients.
Made with Organic Ingredients:
The meaning of “made with organic” is that at least 70 percent of a multi-ingredient product must be made with certified organic ingredients. In these products, the USDA organic seal or an organic label cannot be used. In this way, the final product cannot be labeled as organic food.
Specific Organic Ingredients:
Those multi-ingredients products which are made by using less than 70% certified organic content fall into this category. These foods are not allowed to show the USDA organic seal or prominently display the word organic on the label. In fact, certified organic ingredients and the percentage of organic ingredients can be listed.
What Are Benefits Of Organic Foods?
Before going to buy organic foods from any grocery store nearby your home, it is very important to know benefits of them. As mentioned below, organic foods have lots of benefits as we have mentioned below.
More Vitamins, Fewer Pesticides:
As, we have stated above, organic foods contains health-promoting nutrients in huge volume—such as vitamin C, magnesium, phosphorus, and iron—compared to conventional varieties of the same food products.
No Antibiotics or Synthetic Hormones:
According to low, organic meat is strictly prohibited to contain synthetic hormones. Due to this, it may cause cancer which is injected in animals through injection to increase their production.
More Healthy Fats, Antioxidants:
It has proved in many researches that organic milk and dairy products may contain higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids (a polyunsaturated fat). Consuming omega-3 fatty acids is very good for our body and it decreases the chances of getting heart attack and cancer.
In conclusion, we hope that now you have understood Are Organic Foods Really Better for Our Health? But still, if you have any query then you may ask it in comment box below given. We will try to solve your issues ASAP!!!
Also, check out lifehackerguy.com for a range of informative articles on organic foods and nutrition.