Golf carts are small vehicles that can pass through small alleyways and can almost tackle various terrains with little to no effort. While it has a small and cutesy design, golf carts can pack a punch and can travel long distances easily. Is it the way to be green? Here’s why golf carts should be the new norm.
Golf carts are making waves. Known for its small body and ability to tackle almost any terrain, it’s actually used in many roads outside golf courses. Modern golf carts are popular since they are electric, so all you need are electricity and a charging port, and shops also sell extra batteries as well. Electric golf carts are a better option since they don’t leave that much carbon footprint and also reduces noise pollution—these carts can run silently and efficiently!
Maximizing Your Cart’s Efficiency
If you’re constantly asking how to charge golf cart batteries on the go, then maybe you need to install solar-powered panels on your cart’s roof so you can keep going even while traveling. You can simply leave the cart under the sun for a quick charge and then store it somewhere shady after a while so the paint and other items that are vulnerable to extreme heat won’t be damaged.
You can also use solar panels at your home so you can charge the cart without worrying about the next electricity bill. It’s the best way to live green, and it sustainable for a long while as well.
The Low Cost and Green Benefits of Golf Carts
- Cheaper than cars. Aside from being small and lightweight, these carts are also way cheaper than the average car. It can cost half the price of a car these days, and carts can run as smooth as any sedan you see on the road. With just a little charge of the cart, it can run for almost 100 miles compared to the gasoline needed for cars to reach that far. It also saves on air conditioning since its side are open, and the breeze can flow freely through the cart. It can also carry a lot of people and weight at the same time without compromising the quality of driving.
- It’s silent. People are always talking about air pollution, but noise pollution needs to be solved too. Electric golf cart runs silently—it can run as smooth and as easy as any car minus all that noise. Driving the whole day will be a bliss since there won’t be too much noise to bother you from soaking in the sights. That’s why most hotels and parks opt for golf carts since guests will be able to enjoy the sights more instead of being annoyed by noisy vehicles. Golf carts are also better for small communities too. Lesser noise means lesser chances of disturbing the neighborhood.
- Environmentally friendly. Since golf carts uses electricity rather than gas, it leaves lesser carbon footprint and thus emits nothing. If you install solar panels on the roof of the cart, it will minimize the use of electricity, making it more self-sufficient and run for longer hours.
- Easy to use. Golf carts so easy to use that anyone can drive it—or you can teach people how to drive in one. It can tackle any terrain, humps, and elevations with ease, and it can even go through small alleyways with no problems. Golf carts are also quite lightweight and can be transported everywhere when loaded on the back of a truck. Since it’s smooth and light in every turn, the golf cart is an ideal vehicle for someone who lives in the suburbs or for old people who want to get around without hassle.
- Low maintenance. Unlike cars, golf carts doesn’t really need that much maintenance—all it takes is a quick clean every now and then, routine checkups, and maybe the occasional tightening of screws. Since it doesn’t emit smoke or requires air-conditioning cleaning, golf carts has low requirement for maintenance. Not only that, you can just tuck it under a shaded area until the next use—something you really can’t do for cars. The maintenance and checking needed would be for the cart’s batteries to make sure it’s still in good condition for long drives. Checking tires is also important—you don’t want to be stuck somewhere with no help, do you?