Are you moving to a new place? Have you made your plan? No? Then it can be a disaster before, during and after your move. The result can be an unorganised relocation with lots of harm to nature. We just leave our old houses and lawns full of trash without thinking about its effect on the environment. If you wish to have healthy surroundings and clean society, you are supposed to be one of the creators. Each one of us has to seek responsibility for green pollution free environment. It is not the sole responsibility of a single person or any government.
To support the same, the blog below covers all the necessary points to make your relocation process without creating pollution and steps to be taken once you are shifted to your new home to support clean & green surroundings.
Important things to consider after shifting to a new place
Right after you start preparing for your move, you are supposed to be pretty sure that you do not make use of any material for packing that cannot be recycled or can be reused. Pick all your moving boxes that find some use in your home or be decomposed. Do not just pack everything. To get everything sorted you can take help from professional movers. For this additional work you can thank them by paying some tip and its entirely depends on you How Much to Tip Movers?
You may think that you have minimal things but once you explore, you will find “n” number of duplicate things at your home that is never been noticed and not even used. So make a carry away list of only essentials.
Sell away or donate the things that remain. Even if they were gifts you were just given. There’s no sense in hoarding things you will never use. The things that do not find space in either of the lists must be recycled.
There are various companies in the market that recycle electronics, utensils, house waste and almost everything. Just look for the best options near you and get it done before you leave your home. This task must be accomplished away before your shifting and not at the time of the move.
After you shift:
- Check for the unwanted things already installed in your new home and keep them separately. It may compile old lights, locks that you changed, unwanted taps or other things in your room or toilet first take off everything and shift to your storeroom. Call of the best recycler in your area the next day to take away all the trash. Do not throw it anywhere around you to join hands with pollution.
- The next thing is to arrange only the essential things in your home. If you bought something from your old home which it is not required and already exist do not create a heap in your storeroom or lawn, get rid instantly.
- Check your home is connected properly to the drainage and sanitary system. No water from your home creates a pool on the road. If you find any default in either of the system get it repaired instantly.
- Spread greenery in and around your home wherever possible. If the lawn is in bad condition, call off a gardener. Try to hang small plants and creepers in the balcony or grills outside your rooms. Make a space for fresh air.
- Use lights and electronics that are eco-friendly and do not waste electricity in any possible way.
- Install windows and openings if they do not exist sufficiently. Your home must be completely lit with natural light during the day along with the entry of natural air that requires minimal consumption of electricity.
Your movers would be helpful at every point in arrangement once you shift. Even there are moving companies that provide you with eco-friendly suggestions. If you find genuine efforts from there side you also need to give a thought how much to tip movers? It is good to show your gesture for their efforts, as they put all their hard work and strength to help you settle down to a new place without much of the struggle