A hybrid vehicle is one that uses two or more means of power for driving. Hybrid vehicles are powered by an electric motor and an internal combustion engine. This component makes use of the energy stored in batteries to function. The battery is a very vital component of the hybrid vehicle. It helps carry auxiliary like loads such as the vehicles stereo, the headlights, brake lights and even the ignition. Furthermore, we’ll discuss which hybrid car is best mentioned around the world today. However, let’s look at the major components that makes up a hybrid vehicle.
Components of Hybrid Vehicle
The hybrid vehicle is made up of so many components that make it more unique than its predecessor.
BATTERY: The battery is one of the most important parts of the hybrid vehicle. The battery helps distribute electricity throughout the entire vehicle. Importantly, it also helps power up vehicle accessories like the stereo, air conditioner and the speedometer.
EXHAUST PIPE: This is where the exhausted gas from the engine is being channeled through. Without this, exhausted gas gets accumulated in the engine; this causes the engine to breakdown and eventually ceases to function. Hence the exhaust channel is also another vital part of the hybrid vehicle.
INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE: The combustion engine is a heat engine. Also, this is also the place where the combustion of fuel with an oxidizing agent takes place in a confined space known as the combustion chamber. Internal combustion engine provides excellent durability to the hybrid vehicle thereby making it drivable.
TRANSMISSION: This transfers mechanical energy from the engine to the wheels of vehicle thereby enabling it to move.
FUEL TANK: This is where the fuel in the hybrid vehicle is stored until when needed by the engine.
THERMAL OR COOLING SYSTEM: This system provides a proper temperature system for the engine the electric motor and other components.
DC/DC CONVERTER: This helps convert one DC voltage to another. In terms of the hybrid vehicle, this device helps convert a higher DC voltage from the traction battery pack, to the lower Dc voltage needed to run the hybrid vehicle.
ELECTRIC GENERATOR: This generates energy for the traction pack battery by generating electricity from the rotating wheels while braking.
ELECTRIC MOTOR: This device helps drive the vehicles wheels, by generating power from the traction battery.
TRACTION BATTERY PACK: This helps to store electricity for the electric motor
Current Market: Which Hybrid Car is Best Mentioned
We now take a look at which hybrid car is best mentioned in the automobile industry today.
We take a trip to Japan. When it comes to automobiles, Japan has always been the pioneers of this industry. In addition, Japan launches a lot of vehicles on an annual basis; many of these vehicles are integrated with advanced technologies that meet the demands of many customers and automobile enthusiasts in the teeming population. The most popular hybrid vehicles today are the hybrid electric vehicles. These are hybrid vehicles that are able to combine the use of gasoline and electric motor.
Adding on, Japan has been at the forefront when it comes to production of hybrid vehicles. Let’s now take an in-depth look at which hybrid car is best mentioned.
- TOYOTA CAMRY HYBRID: Over the Toyota has been an automobile company that always produced vehicles that met their customer’s demands. The Toyota Camry hybrid is one of such vehicles. It boasts a four cylinder engine and a powerful electric motor that generates a tremendous amount of power for a car of its size. This hybrid also has a spacious compartment and an accommodating interior. Besides that, it also contains 10 air bags for the passenger and drivers seat. The Camry hybrid also boosts a very strong acceleration, and a speed of up to 43/39 MPG city/highway. A suitable option for a highway journey.
- HONDA INSIGHT: This one also comes with a four cylinder engine like the Camry hybrid. Produced in 2014 the Honda civic is one of the best small hybrid vehicles around with a speed of 41/43 MPG city/highway. Small and portable, it also comes with a paddle shift transmission.
More Toyota Hybrids
- TOYOTA AQUA: This car is known mainly for its fuel efficiency. Other remarkable features are the aluminum pedals for the wheels and it has a luxurious look. This vehicle comes in three classes: the G, L and the S grade respectively. It speeds up to 53/46 MPG city/highway.
- TOYOTA AVALON: One of the very popular hybrid vehicles in the market today. The Toyota Avalon is known for its remarkable performance. It comes with a 2.5 liter four cylinder engine. Also, it uses two high output electric motors. Another benefit is it is fuel-efficient. It speeds up to 40/39 MPG city/highway. Other features include a rear camera and an automatic climate control. It uses a push-button to kick start the vehicle.
- TOYOTA COROLLA AXIO: This hybrid vehicle is a 5 seated sedan, it comes with a four cylinder engine. It is a front wheel drive model that has a fuel efficiency of up to 33.0 km/L.
It will take forever to find out which hybrid car is best mentioned all over the world. The fact remains that hybrid vehicles are the most common and regularly used vehicles in the world today.